Conference Policy & Safety Precautions Regarding Coronavirus
The PRESENT Superbones Superwounds EAST 2020 Conference (SBSWE2020) originally scheduled to take place on April 3-5, 2020 at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, has been rescheduled and will take place on August 14-16, 2020 at the same location. We have been monitoring the coronavirus news as we know you are as well, focusing on news regarding the course of the disease in and around the meeting location. We continue to monitor local public health releases from the states of New Jersey and New York, as well as news from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We are planning to run the event as scheduled, with the addition of a series of sensible precautions that constitute a Safe Meeting Plan, that are outlined below.
We want to assure everyone planning to attend the SBSWE2020 conference that their health, safety, and security is our top priority and that we have plans in effect to keep you as safe and secure as possible. We know that our conference attendees are podiatric physicians, foot surgeons who are as well trained in safe and effective infection control procedures and practices as anyone. They have been practicing safe procedures in their offices, clinics and hospitals for years, have reviewed and intensified those procedures during the COVID-19 crisis, and as such, this group is more than capable of adhering to the Safe Meeting Plan that we have designed to run this meeting safely.
SAFE MEETING PLAN PRECAUTIONS BEING TAKEN AT THIS EVENT
PRESENT will put the following precautions in place during the conference to protect all attendees.
We have put plans in place to create a Safe Meeting Plan utilizing a touchless environment, as close to a medical facility as we can, to keep all as safe and healthy as possible.
All attendees and exhibitors will be asked to agree in advance to adhere to the terms of our Safe Meeting Plan in writing.
SAFE MEETING PLAN
- Daily temperature scanning for all attendees and exhibitors.
- Wearing of masks is required and will be enforced. Bring your preferred mask. We will have replacements on hand.
- Event will be declared a "handshake-free zone". We encourage attendees to exercise greater than normal social distance interactions.
- Safe Distance Touchless Badge Scanning will be employed.
- The entire meeting space will be disinfected with a hospital grade peroxide-based disinfectant continuously all day long, utilizing a carefully chosen 8% peroxide-based high hospital level sterilant/disinfectant. In addition, all entry/exit door handles to bathrooms and workshop rooms, as well as bathroom fixtures will be similarly treated.
- Touch-free Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer Dispensers will be placed throughout the meeting space. Individual Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer will be given to all attendees in their conference bags.
- Signs will be hung in all restrooms encouraging frequent hand washing.
- No crowding will be allowed, and 6-foot distancing will be maintained in all activities – Lecture Hall, Exhibit Hall, and Workshops. The Lecture Hall and Workshop Rooms will be set up with seats 6 feet apart, both to the sides and between rows.
- Access to the Exhibit Hall will be Limited – No more than one (1) attendee and one (1) exhibitor will be allowed in the Exhibit Hall per exhibit table at a time. As one leaves, another will be permitted to enter. Exhibitors will be limited to one (1) rep at their table at a time. When a person leaves, another will be allowed in.
- Meals will be in the form of grab and go hygienically prepared packaged meals, served from plexiglass shielded stations. Any silverware will be pre-packaged and will be served by hotel service staff wearing masks and gloves, all of whom have been well trained in COVID era safety standards.
- We encourage elderly or immune compromised attendees to avoid public gatherings like this conference and shelter at home.
- Attendees showing signs of coronavirus or flu-like symptoms will be respectfully taken aside, counseled, and if believed to represent a high risk, will be given a full refund and asked to leave, for the safety of all other attendees.